Who We Are
SAO GROUP is a Social Impact, Investment & Advisory group of companies focused on Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Infrastructure Projects and Real Estate. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies in Africa, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services.
With the understanding that today’s complex global problems require new solutions, as a global group, we work to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, and governments everywhere, can reach their fullest potential.
Comprised of SAO Capital, SAO Agro, SAO Energy, SAO Advisory and SAO Environment; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale.
SAO is a place where a diverse mix of the most talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. SAO is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the organisation’s senior-level managers. The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports.
To be successful in this role, you must be extremely fast at solving problems; be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act with little or no guidance. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of the business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
• Provide exceptional project management support to the COO, collaborating with multiple departments to ensure the successful execution of projects and initiatives.
• Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
• Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
• Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Provide clerical support by developing documents like keynote speeches, and presentation slides, and taking minutes on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer.
• Provide consistent high-quality administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, using sound judgment in dealing independently with a variety of routine and non-routine problems and situations.
• Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, and reports.
• Take the lead in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems to ensure files are accurately maintained, archived, and readily retrievable.
• Screen and direct phone calls, and distribute correspondence.
• Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Relations or other relevant courses.
• 2 years+ work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Virtual Assistant or similar role.
• MSc. or other relevant certification is also an added advantage.
Core Skills and Functional Competencies
• Commitment & Integrity
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and other presentation tools like Canva
• Good scalability and sound judgement.
• Accountability and proactiveness
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent people management skills
• Ability to influence decision-making and negotiate to obtain a desired result.
– Remuneration – Competitive
– Health & Safety – Health Maintenance Plan & Gym Membership
– Employee Benefits – Career Development Packages
– Due to the nature of this job, you may be infrequently required to work at designated locations outside your daily work location.
– Sitting for long hours behind a computer screen.