Who We Are
Our mission is to provide opportunities for investment in the agriculture sector while building a sustainable food system, and ensuring the delivery of quality food products geared at attaining economic growth by selecting economic growers who are dedicated.
Our business model is such that we provide investment solutions that are designed to create sustainable value for our stakeholders. We equally ensure that all our activities are geared towards providing long-lasting impact and proffer sector reforms and solutions in a manner that brings the government closer to the citizens. We focus on projects that serve as foundations on which other agribusinesses can thrive.
The Head of Agriculture is part of the Senior Management Team and is tasked with managing and controlling the organization’s implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agricultural investments. S/he will take leadership and oversight functions to ensure the delivery of high-quality produce as well as take charge of the overall farm functionality and operations.
• Provide managerial and leadership responsibility to staff in alignment with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
• Improve agricultural productivity, livelihood, and agroecosystem resilience through climate-smart practices.
• Develop a strategic vision for the farming department relating to area expansion, yield improvements, crop rotation etc.
• Oversee the development of farming policies and procedures, including the development programme and the annual budget requirements in conjunction with executive management.
• Ensure departmental and operational data is thoroughly and accurately recorded to inform management’s decision-making, including all operational activities (by field), stock, rainfall, scouting, pest monitoring, etc.
• Lead the annual sales cycles, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection in a region while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each team member can support.
• Lead the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the livestock sector and crop Sector.
• Develop proposals and secure funding for innovative Agriculture programs, including those focused on, growers and youth employment; as needed, may also support business development for the value-chain of other agro-industrial sectors
Qualifications & Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science or any other Agric-related discipline like Crop Science.
• Relevant 8 years of experience in farm management, with 5 years in a managerial role.
• Excellent skills in Data Analysis, proficient with MS Office Tools.
• Post graduate qualification like a Master’s in Administration would be an added advantage.
Core Skills and Functional Competencies
• Commitment & Integrity
• Excellent understanding of farming seasons and activities especially contemporary practices
• Good knowledge of the use of farm tools and machinery
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent people management skills
• Extensive risk management skills
• Strategy development and implementation
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence decision-making and negotiate to obtain a desired result.
• Fast Learner and can tolerate ambiguity.
– Remuneration – Competitive
– Health & Safety – Health Maintenance Plan & Gym Membership
– Employee Benefits – Career Development Packages
– Work Hours – 45 Hours per week
– Work Type – Ondo State – 80%, Abuja, FCT – 20%, Nigeria.
– Relocation Allowance for expatriates & Accommodation in primary Duty Station