Who We Are
SAO GROUP is a Social Impact, Investment & Advisory group of companies focused on Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Infrastructure Projects and Real Estate. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies in Africa, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services.
With the understanding that today’s complex global problems require new solutions, as a global group, we work to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, and governments everywhere, can reach their fullest potential.
Comprised of SAO Capital, SAO Agro, SAO Energy, SAO Advisory and SAO Environment; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale.
SAO is a place where a diverse mix of the most talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. SAO is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
The Head of Human Resources is a member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible for developing, defining, and coordinating all human resource functions within the organization.
S/he will be responsible for developing policies and procedures pertinent to organizational culture and processes as well as supporting all members of staff to ensure they reach their potential within the group.
• Provide managerial and leadership responsibility to staff in alignment with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
• Develop standard operating procedures and policy documents and ensure that all members of staff understand and adhere to these documents.
• Champion the development of a strong company culture.
• Develop a company-wide performance review structure and feedback mechanism.
• Oversee all HR functions from recruitment up to retirement.
• Provide advisory services to the executive management on issues related to but not limited to members of staff.
• Provide advice and coaching to all staff members on all employee-related concerns like performance management, employee development, policies etc.
• Continuously seek to enhance an engaging culture within the organization to improve the employee experience.
• Analyze trends and data related to employees to proffer solutions, advise, training programs and increase retention.
• Other responsibilities may be added based on business requirements.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management, or any other related field
• Master’s Degree in Management, Administration or other related fields.
• Relevant 8 years of experience in human resource management, with 5 of those years in a managerial role.
• You have a strong ability to independently make well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Preferred professional certification in SPHR, CIPD, CIPM, SHRM-CP
Core Skills and Functional Competencies
• Commitment & Integrity
• Subject matter expert and thought leader.
• Good scalability and sound judgement.
• Accountability and proactiveness
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent people management skills
• Extensive risk management skills
• Strategy development and implementation
• Ability to influence decision-making and negotiate to obtain a desired result.
• Fast Learner and can tolerate ambiguity.
• Remuneration – Competitive
• Health & Safety – Health Maintenance Plan & Gym Membership
• Employee Benefits – Career Development Packages
• Work Hours – 45 Hours per week
• Work Type – Hybrid