Who We Are:
SAO Capital is a leading African investment and multi-competency advisory company with areas of focus embedded across key sectors that are directly connected to the economic improvement of rural Africa. We aim to build long-term partnerships with various classes of investors by helping them create wealth through the identification of multi-sector opportunities led by a well-diverse team to achieve financial returns.
We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies in Africa, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale.
We have very exciting, diverse projects across our portfolio, ranging from a N35bn Infrastructure Bond Issuance, a $60m renewable energy project, a $45m education infrastructure, and a $100m Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zone amongst others projects.
We have very ambitious growth plan with which we need help to deliver. It is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next growth phase!
The Finance Coordinator is a member of the Senior Management Team, who is responsible for managing and controlling the organization’s financial processes to ensure full compliance. S/he will take leadership in ensuring sound budget planning and control, striving for optimal cost-efficiency of the operations. S/he will lead the team in development of relevant financial information, forecast and analysis, as well as timely financial reporting for senior leadership, donors, and key stakeholders. S/he will take lead in making strategic changes to upgrade and improve process, policies, or procedures, and develop the finance team of the company.
• Lead and provide strategic advice on enhancement of financial management, including strategies in maintaining healthy growth in profile, cost recovery, risks mitigation, as well as staff development.
• Responsible for verification of expenditure and implementation of corresponding payments and recoveries.
• Develop tools and mechanisms for effective monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates
compilation of financial data and provides accurate and updated financial information on a continuous basis.
• Ensures the effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and
processes financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
• Review monthly grant actual spending against the spending/procurement plan and liaise with budget holders for follow-up.
• Review Bank reconciliations, cash account reports, prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliations and internal reports.
• Assist in the development and preparation of cost allocation processes for overarching costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
• Be responsible for the organization’s administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer).
• Facilitate efficient conduct of statutory audit, donor fund audits.
• Develop audit plan and assist the team with the grant audit process.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
• Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, or Economics.
• Relevant 7 years of experience in financial management, of which 5 years should be managerial.
• Excellent skills in MS Office tools especially MS Excel & other accounting software packages.
• CA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification
Core Skills and Functional Competencies
• Commitment & Integrity
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Leadership & Supervisory Skills
• Strategic Thinking
• Ability to influence decision-making and negotiate to obtain desired result.
• Fast Learner, can tolerate ambiguity.
– Remuneration – Competitive
– Health Maintenance Plan
– Career Development Packages
– Gym Membership
– Work Type – Hybrid