The AGRF 2021 Summit brought together a diverse range of speakers to showcase the possibilities in transforming African food systems and inspire commitment and action from all contributors present.
On Monday 6th September between 11:15am and 12:15pm, SAO supported by the Ondo State government featured a panelist section in the AGRF 2021 Summit. The panelist section took a deep dive into the development of areas of high agricultural potential located across the south-western states in Nigeria with a focus on the oil palm and cocoa value chain.
Issues pertinent to African food systems were revealed, and proactive pathways and actions were identified. The discussions were towards steering the advancement of sustainable development goals in a coordinated African voice.
The Topic of the panel section was: Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zone (Oil Palm and Cocoa Value Chain Development).
The Key points were as follows:
- Overview of the SAPZ
- Use of regenerative land to grow oil palm and cocoa
- Agri-financing instruments for SAPZ
- Potential benefits of investing in SAPZ
The panelist speakers included:
- His Excellency Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu(SAN), Executive Governor of Ondo State, Nigeria
- Ayodeji Sotinrin – Chief Executive Officer, SAO AGRO SERVICES(SAO GROUP) (Moderator)
- Hermense Orkar – Vice President Commercial, AFEX
- Chuka Mordi – Chief Executive Officer, ELLAH LAKES
- Bamidele Seun Owoola – Chief Executive Officer, Welcome2Africa International
- Ajibola Adebutu – Chief Executive Officer, JB FARMS
- Richard Mark Mbaram – Technical Adviser, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Mr Allan Martin – Chief Operations Officer, SAO Capital
- Adebowale Olabintan – Development Finance -Cocoa Value Chain, Central Bank of Nigeria
Expectations are towards sustaining long term collaboration between the SAPZ and potential off-takers of product for a profitable agribusiness project.