Who We Are
SAO Energy develops and manages the infrastructure that powers the productivity of MSMEs, SMEs, Rural Communities and Government Utilities. Using its position as one of the leading providers of solar-based decentralised energy in Nigeria as an entry point, SAO Energy also provides tools and services to support the digitalization and productivity growth of SMEs in West Africa.
Your expertise is of vital importance to SAO Energy and our clients. As Head of Renewable Energy, you will be a core member of SAO’s Energy Practice working alongside some of the world’s top minds in the industry. The focus of this role will be bringing expert-level credibility to support our ambitious growth targets across the renewable energy industry. Most of your time will be spent leading and developing SAO Energy’s renewable-related project teams composed of members of different backgrounds collaborating with you on those projects. You will also be in charge of driving client interactions and ensuring a constructive collaboration with our stakeholders, advising them on key strategic business issues, producing leading-edge business models and addressing specific problems and opportunities.
We are currently fundraising about US$40 million for different projects at advanced stages and you will have the privilege to work on some of the most exciting Solar Projects in the World providing power to the most vulnerable communities across Africa.
We have an ambitious growth plan with which we need help to deliver. We have launched our mesh grid projects alongside our foreign technical partners with unique technology to provide energy to almost 600 Primary Health Centres, 60,000+ households and over 100 schools in Nigeria. We are the only company in Africa with an installed solar mesh Grid for over 100 households and PHC in southwest Nigeria.
It is an incredibly exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth as a firm!
The Head of Renewable Energy, also a member of the Senior Management Team is responsible for championing our clean energy campaign. S/he will lead project implementation teams and carry out strategic activities to secure and promote the organization’s solar business model.
S/he will work directly with the Chief Executive Officer and collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer and Business Development Manager on strategic and Compliance subjects.
• Review technical specifications for the solar PV electricity components of procurement requests, including the viability of the proposed system, and review the fulfilment of the installation requirements based on the data provided, proposed location(s) and target energy needs.
• Prepare solar PV electricity system designs according to the locations and target energy demands. Provide estimations of capital costs, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) costs, and potential capital investment costs
• Prepare technical specifications, drawings, simulation files, and recommendations for the construction and installation of the designs.
• Oversee the deployment and installation of solar PV electricity.
• Ensure departmental and operational data is thoroughly and accurately recorded to inform management’s decision-making, including all operational activities.
• Provide leadership services and coaching to the renewable energy team.
• Identify and assist in the development of proposals to secure funding for renewable energy projects.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
• One to four years of experience working on solar energy systems or solar hybrid systems (review, design based on data).
• Experience in solar irrigation systems.
• Familiarity with at least one PV system design software
Core Skills and Functional Competencies
• Commitment & Integrity
• Thought Leader & Subject Matter Expert
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent people management skills
• Strategy development and implementation skills
• Ability to influence decision-making and negotiate to obtain a desired result.
• Fast Learner and can tolerate ambiguity.
– Remuneration – Competitive
– Health & Safety – Health Maintenance Plan & Gym Membership
– Employee Benefits – Career Development Packages
– Work Hours – 45 Hours per week
– Work Type – Ondo State – 60%, Abuja, FCT – 40%, Nigeria.