SAO Capital’s position in advancing social impact goals.
The Nordic Nigeria Connect conference, held in Lagos on November 23rd and 24th, 2021, themed “Smart City Lagos” featured panel talks on waste management, renewable energy, and transport solutions. Among the notable speakers that attended were:
- His Excellency Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State Governor
- Mr. Mohamed Yahya, UNDP Resident Representative
- Mr. Ibrahim Odumboni, Managing Director, Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) and
- Dr. Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija
On the second day of the event, Ayodeji Sotinrin, MBA (Oxon), CEO of SAO Group of companies, participated in a panel discussion to talk about Green Energy and Transport Solutions with other speakers including
- Uche Orji (CEO, NSIA: Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA))
- Wiebe Boer, Ph.D., (CEO, All On)
- Adaobi Oniwinde (Policy & Partnerships Manager at All On) and
- Allan Martin (COO, SAO Group)
He discussed SAO Capital’s standpoint as an investment and advisory company that hinges on development advisory to help the national and subnational government advance social impact projects, mainly in the infrastructural space. But more notably, in renewable energy. He also highlighted SAO Capital’s principal investment focus by identifying sectors we believe will create the most impact.
The session ended with investment-related questions concerning SMEs seeking funding in Nigeria.